Currently Backordered: Expected Arrival 10/1/18
Did your Atwood RV Entry Door Hinge crack, break or fall apart?
A common problem many RV owners face is their entry door hinges cracking at the rivets or wearing out from the fatigue of opening and closing the heavy entry door and screen door. This happens because the original RV entry door hinges were manufactured from soft extruded aluminum.
Over time this aluminum becomes brittle and cracks or breaks causing entry door alignment issues.
Eventually, the brackets crack and the door becomes very difficult to open and close. The top hinge assembly is the first to wear and break. Typically, if the top hinge assembly is worn, bent or broken, the middle one is beginning to fatigue as well.
We developed direct fit high strength machined billet steel / aluminum replacement hinges to fix this problem.
Our Hinges Feature:
- Computer CNC Machined Billet Steel and Aluminum Leafs
- Ultra Durable Black, White or Custom Powder Coated Finish
- High Strength Stainless Steel Hinge Pin
- Rebuildable Design
- Adjustable Door Frame Leaf Design with 4 Set Screws per Leaf
- Reconfigurable Leaf Design (allows you to change the order of the leafs in the stack)
Atwood Entry Door Hinge Fitment:
Atwood is a large manufacturer of RV products and many RV Manufacturers installed their entry doors in their line of Motorhomes, the problem is that many of these RV Manufacturers are no longer in business, making a fitment guide an impossible task.
Your best bet is to look closely at the pictures of the Atwood Style Hinge and compare them to what’s on your RV.
If you have a Fleetwood RV you are able to give them a call to verify what door was installed at the factory by providing your UIN (Unique Identification Number) or FIN (Fleetwood Identification Number). These hinges are a direct replacement for Atwood Style Hinges used in motorhomes between 1998-2008 plus or minus a few years.
Common RV’s These May Fit:
- Pace Arrow
- A high quality thread-locker like loc-tite is recommended during installation to improve mounting hardware retention (available at any auto parts store).
- Replace each hinge assembly one at a time to ease installation and avoid removing the entire door.
- Replace or reinstall the door weatherstripping to ensure a good seal is made between the door and the RV.
- Some entry doors are assembled with a backing plate that the mounting screws thread into on the main door frame (RV). This backing plate will drop down into the wall when the hinge assembly is removed. You can either attempt to retain it while replacing the hinge assembly or use a size larger sheet metal screw during replacement.
Our Atwood Entry Door Hinge replacements are powder coated black unless otherwise specified during checkout. There is an additional $35.00 charge for custom colors including white, if you’d like a different color than white or black simply select “Custom” during checkout and then enter the desired color in the “Order Notes” section.
Different colors may take up to a week and half lead time to ship, depending on the powder coaters availability.
The shipping calculator will calculate shipping to your destination.
If selected we typically ship orders with USPS Priority Mail with a 2-3 day delivery time to most U.S. locations. Actual delivery time may take an additional 2-5 days depending on current inventory, if you need the hinges as soon as possible please call to confirm shipping time.
There is also a 6% Sales Tax if an Idaho Resident.
If you have any questions please contact us, or call at: (208)505-0327